Communications Manager at HOTREC (6-month maternity leave)
HOTREC is looking for a highly motivated candidate to fill the temporary position of Communication Manager (6-month maternity cover contract, starting from 1st September 2022).
HOTREC-Hospitality Europe is the voice of the hospitality industry in Europe. Bringing together 47 national associations from 36 countries, representing hotels, restaurants, bars, cafés and late-night establishments, the association secretariat is based in Brussels. Our missions are to represent the interests of the hospitality sector to the European Union Institutions as well as fostering the exchange of best practices among our membership.
The European hospitality industry represents a great diversity of companies: from an abundance of micro-enterprises and SMEs (99% of the companies) to large multinationals, chains and franchises; from boutique experiences to large-scale events and high-standard establishments; catering for all types of consumer needs and demands. The sector is a major employer and creates positive side-effects for other businesses, for local culture and city centres. It is closely connected with the travel and tourism sectors. COVID-19 has significantly impacted the hospitality and tourism industry. Support to businesses and recovery are key challenges to be addressed. In addition, the industry is on the front line to deal with many key societal issues of today: sustainability and energy efficiency, social issues, digitalisation, and food and farming policies.
Reporting directly to the Director General (DG), the Communication Manager, is responsible for:
- Supporting the implementation of HOTREC’s communications strategy
- Developing core messages for the team/policy area/project communication
- Drafting, editing and/or delivering various documents and other relevant communications materials (e.g., press releases, policy papers, letters, reports, and newsletters)
- Contributing to developing and implementing social media strategies, and producing and distributing high-quality and engaging social media content
- Providing advice on social media performance and room for improvement
- Managing day-to-day updates of website and extranet
- Supporting the team in the organisation of events including digital aspects
- Helping to prepare, participate, and assist in HOTREC’s internal meetings.
- Graduate level or equivalent years of relevant experience
- Hands-on experience in communications and project management
- Good knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media
- Competency in WordPress, Outlook, email distribution tools (e.g., Mail Chimp), online survey tools (e.g. SurveyMonkey, JotForm), audience management app and tools (Slido)
- Professional experience with social media management (Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook) and other relevant communications tools
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and designing skills
- Professional printing and publishing skills
- Knowledge of Adobe suite is a plus (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop)
- Be flexible, resourceful and innovative, including the ability to work with new technologies, basic graphic design tools; video editing skills a plus
- Familiar with European politics and/or policies
- Be enthusiastic, eager to learn and share knowledge, with proactive attitude, strong attention to detail • Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Good communicator, both written and oral
- Excellent level of English; knowledge of other European languages is a plus
- An effective team player with ability to work within multi-national teams
- Please send your CV and motivation letter to the Director General by email to [email protected] by COB 1st July 2022
- Mention “Communication Manager” in the e-mail subject line
- In the body of the email, please copy in: “I hereby consent that my personal data is processed by HOTREC for recruitment purposes” so that we have your written consent to follow up on your application
- Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.