What Are Cookies
For more general information on cookies see the Wikipedia article on HTTP Cookies.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of the this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
- Email newsletters related cookiesThis site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
- Forms related cookiesWhen you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
- Site preferences cookiesIn order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page is affected by your preferences.
Third Party Cookies
- This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
- From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site.
However if you are still looking for more information then you can contact us through one of our preferred contact methods:
- By visiting this link: https://2022.hotrec.eu/contact-us/
HOTREC is the umbrella Association of Hotels, Restaurants, Pubs and Cafes and similar establishments in Europe and is the voice of the hospitality industry in Europe. HOTREC is constituted under Belgian law as a not-for-profit association. HOTREC provides this information site to keep our members and other visitors informed about our activities and achievements.
We will not collect any information about individuals (“personal data”) in our public website, except where it is specifically and knowingly provided by them> Examples of such information are your name and your email address.
Application information (for the Members’ area ONLY)
In order to register for any of our Members’ area website services or any other service featured on our Members’ area website, you will be asked to provide certain relevant personal information that we need to process your application request.
Information gathered via any registration process on HOTREC sites is for our purposes only. It will not be disclosed by us to any other organisation, individual or entity without your consent. Your personal information is retained by HOTREC for the period of time that you are registered to one of our services.
Termination (for the Members’ area ONLY)
HOTREC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate your access to all or part of Members’ area website, with or without notice.
We employ appropriate technical security measures to protect your personal information and ensure that it is not accessed by unauthorised persons.
This site may contain links to third party websites. HOTREC assumes no responsibility for the contents of sites other than those that belong to the www.hotrec.eu/ domain nor can HOTREC be held responsible for consequences arising from your use of these other sites.
The information posted on HOTREC’s site is checked and updated on a regular basis.
However, HOTREC cannot be held responsible for any direct or indirect errors or possible damages which may arise from your access to, or use of, this site, or any damage or virus, which may affect your computer or other I.T. equipment. In more general terms, HOTREC gives no explicit or implied guarantees regarding all or part of this site.
Contents of the website
HOTREC pays a great deal of attention to the accuracy of the data published on its sites.
Should you nevertheless find any errors or incorrect information on one of our pages or if the contact details change for one of the associations or organisations listed on our site, we would be very grateful if you could inform our Communication, Media and event Officer (by e-mail or post).